Andrew Buckland at Colegio Del Salvador
El martes 6 de agosto, el departamento de Inglés de Secundaria recibió en el Colegio al editor Andrew Buckland, quien se desempeñó en importantes películas de la industria cinematográfica de Hollywood. Su visita se enfocó en compartir su experiencia con los alumnos de 2do y 3er año, respondiendo preguntas y aportando su conocimiento y experiencia en este campo. El encuentro se desarrolló enteramente en inglés, en el marco de la unidad Entertainment de la currícula.
Mr. Andrew Buckland visited our school today and gave a talk to our 2nd and 3rd year students at Salon San Ignacio. The well-known editor kindly answered questions and shared his personal point of view on different issues related to the film industry. The conference covered different topics such as the editing process within a film; merger between Fox and Disney; storyboards; trailer making and film making; the role of actors at the editing process; the world behind the scenes step by step: timing, locations, tricks and secrets. Mr Buckland also shared his own experience talking about his education, career, inspirations, models, challenges and suggestions for those who are interested in becoming part of the industry.
On behalf of the English Department of Colegio Del Salvador, I thank Mr Buckland for his interesting contribution to our students’ education and motivation to pursue their dreams.
Andrew Buckland, freelance editor, now working for 20th Century Fox latest film: Ford vs Ferrari in Los Angeles.
Filmography (some of the films he worked on)
- 2019 Now Apocalypse (TV Series) (editor – 2 episodes)
- 2019 Ford vs Ferrari Editor
- 2016 The Girl on the Train Editor
- 2014 I Feel Good: La historia de James Brown Additional Editor
- 2011 Capitán América: El primer vengador Additional First Assistant Editor
- 2010 The Switch Additional Editor
- 2007 Charlie Wilson’s War 2nd Assistant Editor
- 2003 Camp Assistant Editor
- 2001 Ash Wednesday Film Conform Editor